Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wolf Unveiling

Hello Everyone,

As some of you may know, my track record for blogging hasn't been very good. However, I am determined to revamp this effort! I hope to get more student perspectives as well since they are the heart of this program.

The staff at University Theatre have been working hard this season to mount each show and the response has been wonderful! We just closed INTO THE WOODS. If you missed it, you should check out our pictures on Facebook. Now we are in full swing as we get MACBETH onto the stage. I can't wait to see what the production team has in store.

It is GORGEOUS outside today so I decided to steal a moment (it was so hard to pull myself away from creating invoices...) and check out the new wolf sculpture unveiling outside of the free expression tunnel.

Unfortunately, I did not have a camera (my cell phone is worthless when it comes to downloading pictures) but I suggest you check them out in person anyway! I am attaching a sneak peak.





I stand at a staggering 5'1"(and that's being generous) and one of the wolves was definitely bigger than me. They are made of woven bronze and they are complimented well by the background of bricks, if I do say so myself. The artist suggested that the wolves stand for determination, observation and expression.

The Chancellor and artist, Michael Stutz, had wonderful remarks including the need for public art and symbols of creativity on campus. I say let's keep that up!

Did any of you go? More importantly, did you get a free cupcake?

Here's to staying inspired to blog!

No comments: