Friday, October 29, 2010

This week in pictures - Oct. 25 - 29

Another week has passed at University Theatre! A Piece of my Heart opened last night in the Studio Theatre - it is a production you do not want to miss! We recommend bringing a couple of tissues (I regretted forgetting to bring some even after I was told!), but be prepared to laugh as well! We are honored to have the playwright, Shirley Lauro, joining us as well through this weekend. Last night we had a wonderful opening night reception in her honor and to celebrate the wonderful work of cast and crew (we had so much fun, we forgot to get the camera out!). So, these sneak peeks will have to suffice:

A look at the set for A Piece of my Heart. My pictures don't do it justice, especially without capturing the lighting which adds so much to the story.




Don't forget that Inspecting Carol is already underway as well! Here's my feeble attempt at a panoramic series from the director's table in the audience. If you have read the play or seen the show before, you know this set has to accomplish a magical feat at the end, so I'm sure we have a lot more in store from our amazing staff and students who have designed and built it all.





We have a few more fun events with Shirley Lauro and we will be sure to have a camera around for these!

Here's to next week...

No comments: