Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dr. Horrible - Volume 2

As we continue our search into the realm of darkness Dr. Horrible mini[blog]-series, I thought it wise to really see how the cast measures up. I mean, if I am committing a couple hours of my life to a sing-a-long in March/April, I want to really know what I'm getting into. But, let's face it, I wouldn't miss this sing-a-long for anything!

With that, I girded my...myself with my...camera (let's keep it PG 13!) and grilled this "Horrible" cast for more information, including what their own personal superhero or villain would be.


Name: Eric Wilbanks
Role: Dr. Horrible himself
Year: Freshman
Major: Spanish Education
Superhero name: The Not-so-Stupendous Spork
Superhero power: Saving people from the terror of having to choose between the utility of the fork and the usefulness of the spoon.
Nemesis: The Flying Foon

Name: Lizzy Ozamiz
Role: Penny
Year: Sophomore
Major: Textile Engineering - Information Systems
Villain name: Lizice
Villain power: Can turn people into ice with one look

Name: Andrew Enloe
Role: Captain Hammer
Year: Freshman
Major: FYC
Villain name: Psych-O
Villain power: Telekinetic powers that enable me to control the molecules around me so that I can move things with my mind, stop the flow of time, and even make things implode with my mind.

Name: Paul Brothers
Role: Moist
Year: Senior
Major: Visual Arts Applicatons
Superhero name: Awkward-o
Superhero power: The power to break down common social boundaries through inappropriate actions and comments with impeccable timing


Name: Brett Williams
Role: Groupie
Year: Sophomore
Major: Zoology
Super villain name: Color Wheel
Super villain power: The ability to make every white crayon in the world disappear for 5 seconds at time.


The Bad Horsemen from right to left: Scott Spence, Nat Conti, Caroline Hopping
Name: Nat Conti
Role: Bad Horseman
Year: Freshman
Major: Biomedical Engineering
Superhero name: Lampshade
Superhero power: To make everyone invisible but myself invisible, so I wear a lampshade to hide.


Two cast members aren't pictured, but I'll cut them some slack this time... I think they've got a good thing going so far.

Check back with us next Wednesday for Volume 3!

Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog will be performed March 30 - April 1 at 7:30pm and 2pm (Sunday
) in the Kennedy-McIlwee Studio Theatre in Thompson Hall. All performances are free to the public, with a $5 suggested donation. Donations will help fund the next Student Studio. Tickets will be available at the door.

No comments: