Monday, March 21, 2011

Dr. Horrible - Volume 3

Welcome to the third installment of Dr. Horrible mini[blog]-series.

I welcome any of the new minions who have only recently been introduced to this status quo-breaking blog. Alas, if Dr. Horrible has taught us anything it is that the status is not quo. (And, if Dr. Horrible hasn't taught you anything yet/this makes absolutely no sense to you I recommend you mark your calendar to snag a seat to this production - pronto).

In last week's post we searched into the realm of darkness,
unearthing the weaknesses names, majors, etc. of our cast members.

This week I dove deeper into the darkness and into the light (Literally. Rob had to turn the lights on for me so I could get some decent pictures). Let's see what was found:

Gurney. Never bodes well.



Gadgets and knobby things:




And you can imagine my utter joy at finding this state-of-the-art technology:
(I believe there was an audible "sweet sassy" when I set my eyes on it for the first time,
followed by the sound of the heavens opening. I'll let you interpret that yourself).


My mind immediately went to the last place I had seen machinery like this:
(some of you may recall my soft spot for anything Doogie Howser, MD).


And let's keep this train moving right on through our NPH 3 degrees of separation
and bring it full circle, people!
Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible:


OK, enough of that. Here is our Set Designer, Rob working on the set:


This is a picture with some of the small buildings that are on stage.
I attempted to take a Godzilla-like picture, but failed, so this is what you are left with:


Back of flats.




A better look at the main backdrop:



That's all I have for you this week, but we've still got 2 to go.
Check back in next Wednesday for Volume 4.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog will be performed March 30 - April 1 at 7:30pm and 2pm (Sunday) in the Kennedy-McIlwee Studio Theatre in Thompson Hall. All performances are free to the public, with a $5 suggested donation. Donations will help fund the next Student Studio. Tickets will be available at the door.

No comments: